At Bridget Drums, we have perfected the art of building drums. This perfection is clearly evident in our Professional Series Bodhran Drums. Every single inch of these drums have been meticulously handcrafted using only the finest material, equipment, and incorporate the most important element when handcrafting the perfect instrument, pride in craftsmanship and care.
Review the following features of these drums, and you too will understand why more and more stores and musicians are choosing Bridget Bodhran Drums.
• The Professional Bridget handmade drum shell is made from multi layer hardwood, and does not need a cross bar for stability.
• The outer edge of the shell is rounded with a bearing edge for rim playing.
• The inner ring is handcrafted from multi layer hardwood.
• The handcrafted straight bars (custom order) are made from select grade hardwood and fastened with black machine screws.
• The Bridget Custom Tuning Lugs are machined from aircraft grade metal, coated in a black powder coated finish, and fastened with black machine screws.
• The goatskin head (comes from a food source first) is hand finished and chemically treated, with the spine of the skin running in the centre of the drum, to allow for a more uniform sound. These skins that are perfected by the Bridget Drum Company, does not need to be deadened by black tape to avoid overtones found in most other makers drums. The skins are not as susceptible to tear away, and never needs oiling or a break in period. They are also deeper in sound.
• Each drum is finished with a hand tacked cloth custom in-house banding and comes with a tuning key.
• Each Bridget handcrafted drum sold is backed with a one year warranty (excluding goat skin) and is proudly made in Canada. We have been producing Bodhrans and tippers for professional and novice drummers alike, for over twenty years.